As a unit holder in a REIT scheme, you are entitled to the following:
- The Unit Holders, through a special resolution can request the Commission on reasonable grounds to cancel the registration of the REIT Scheme
- The unit holders can request the Commission for removal of trustee through a special resolution, passed by the Unit Holders resolving that the Trustee should be removed
- The unit holders can request the Commission to remove the evaluator of REIT Scheme by passing a resolution.
- The RMC shall before making any major change in the approved business plan of the REIT Scheme ensure that it has obtained the approval of the Unit Holders through a special resolution, if directed by the Commission.
- The RMC may transfer the management of a REIT Scheme managed by it to another licensed RMC, after the approval of the Unit Holders through a special resolution
- The trustee shall ensure that the assets of a REIT are properly held by it on behalf of the Unit Holders in accordance with the provisions of the constitutive documents, the REIT Regulations, and all other applicable laws.