Clients interested in using the services of an investment bank must assure:
- The company is registered with the SECP.
- The company is licensed to perform investment finance services.
- The company has developed proper systems and controls with appropriate level of documentation for dealing with clients.
- Proper documentary evidence in the form of invoice/certificate/receipt is issued for every transaction with clients.
- All transactions valuing more than Rs. 50,000 are made through cheques.
- The company has its official web site which is updated regularly.
- The persons acting on behalf of the company are duly authorized representatives of the company.
- The company is not performing any unlawful business.
- All the product features, terms and conditions should be thoroughly examined before executing any transaction with the company.
All claims made by the company regarding its profitability, performance, repayment/return history should be backed by relevant documentary evidence such as its financial statements, credit rating reports etc.